Tuna Melt Pasta
Mmmm…Tuna Melt Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomato!
This is made with Buckwheat sourdough pasta which is high in fiber! If you look closely, you can see the buckwheat specks in the pasta!
Prep/cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 3-4 Servings
- 3 servings Kaslo Sourdough Buckwheat Pasta
- 1 can Albacore flaked tuna (preferably sustainable caught), drained
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup 3.25% non-homogenized milk
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 1 cup raw organic unpasteurized cheddar cheese, shredded (save 1/2 cup for broiling)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder or cornstarch (thickener)
- Chop and dice sun dried tomatoes and celery. Mix with flaked tuna and set aside.
- Combine milk and butter in a sauce pot on medium heat and add 1/2 cup cheese.
- Boil water with salt in a medium sauce pot. Add Kaslo Sourdough Buckwheat Pasta. Cook to desired firmness (5-8 minutes).
- Add tuna mixture to cheese sauce and stir. Stir thickener with 3 tablespoons milk then add to sauce pot. Continue string until thickened.
- When pasta has finished cooking, drain and stir in tuna/cheese sauce with pasta.
- In a greased cast iron pan, add pasta mixture, sprinkle with remaining cheese and broil for 5-7 minutes.
Serve and Enjoy!